Curtis Metal Finishing Company was formed in 1963 and continues to operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of Commercial Steel Treating Corporation .
As one of the largest bulk metal finishing operations in the United States, Curtis specializes in the application of ENGINEERED COATINGS on fasteners and small stampings. We offer a wide variety of coatings to meet any desired level of performance. Our coatings’ benefits include: extreme durability; galvanic corrosion protection; friction modification for repeatable torque performance and minimal risk of hydrogen embrittlement.
Curtis always endeavors to be more than a mere supplier. Our highly innovative, results-oriented employees strive to provide customers with the Quality, Service and Technical Expertise that is unmatched in our industry. Curtis sets the trends for others to follow.
Curtis expands its capabilities in Rockford, Illinois to include Heat Treating Services. We are pleased to announce the opening of Curtis Thermal Processing Company
Finishing Facilities in the Midwest:
- Sterling Heights, Michigan 6645 Sims Drive (586) 939-2850
- Machesney Park, Illinois 9917 North Alpine (815) 633-6693
Heat Treating Facilities in the midwest:
It’s been said that “A Company is known by the Customers it keeps”. Commercial & Curtis have provided quality services & solutions to its thousands of Customers for more than 80 Years.
- 1927: Ralph Hoensheid established Commercial Steel Treating Corporation making its name by supplying quality heat treating on items such as reamers, dies, punches and other various high speed and tool steels. The success of this operation, coupled with an emerging automotive industry, fueled future growth into a total of three facilities, all located within the metropolitan Detroit area.
- 1963: Merle Hoensheid (Ralph's son), recognized a growing need for improved durability performance on automotive fasteners & components and formed Curtis Processing Company. During the decades that followed, automotive demands led to the development of organic and inorganic coating systems applied through bulk technologies such as dip-spin and barrel electro-deposition. Curtis quickly grew into one of the industries’ largest applicators of preferred coating systems by suppliers such as: Magni Industries, NOF-Metal Coatings, PPG Whitford and Yuken-America.
- Today: Commercial & Curtis’ campuses encompass more than 405,000 ft2 of processing capacity within its (4) locations. Still led by the Hoensheid family, Commercial & Curtis continue to be the recognized leader in the metal treatment and finishing industries. Our facilities are registered to ISO 9001:2008 with A2LA accredited laboratories. Commercial Steel Treating has also achieved the prestigious NADCAP accreditation for heat treating of aerospace and military components.
QUALITY • SERVICE • INNOVATION • INTEGRITY